Tuesday 15 May 2012

In which I try to shake off S.A.D

This was the view from our kitchen window this morning


I haven't moaned about the last two months of non stop rain as I didn't think it would do much good plus its so typically British to complain about it. But this week I've finally had enough. I need to shake off the Seasonal Adjustment Disorder (S.A.D) - although I'm confused over what season I'm supposed to be adjusting myself to. So, because spring hasn't sprung, I refuse to do any spring cleaning and instead spent this morning with my delicious girl in the kitchen.

The girl decided to make Daddy some dinner for "leyta"


It mostly consisted of freshly squeezed orange and lemon juice (by those lovely tiny paws) and a slice of bread. She used the phrase she likes to use alot at the moment "Daddy like it".
She then went to her kitchen and put it in the oven where it is still waiting for "leyta". Daddy certainly will "like it" or else as she spent alot of time mushing it all up and putting it in the old marge tub.

Meanwhile, I made this
St Clements shortbread

100g butter
75g caster sugar (plus more for sprinkles)
125g plain flour
zest of a lemon and an orange

Cream the butter and sugar together, mix in the flour and zest and push into a loose bottom 15-20cm greased round tin. Bake for 20 mins in 180c oven Let it cool in tin and then EAT IT.

Haven't eaten it yet, waiting for the boy to come home from school so we can try it. How very good of me.

We are off to Toys R Us after school to spend the boys birthday vouchers. Much looking forward to this as we can spend atleast an hour in there relatively for free!

Shake shake shake shake (Oh the suns trying to come out)


XXXXXXXXXXXXX

No comments:

Post a Comment